Monday, January 27, 2014

Black Swan Business Cards



For this assignment, I had to make 3 different business cards for the same business. The business is called Black Swan Graphic Design. All 3 cards had to have the same information. 

The first business card was to be unprofessional and not look neat or clean. To make this one, I copy and pasted the original black swan image onto a new canvas (I did this step for every card) and placed the image where I wanted it. The design of the swan is a mask. To do a mask I found an image from the internet; copied it, went back to my black swan image, went to Edit, clicked paste as mask, and don't re-sample. Then I gave the image a raised emboss and outer glow. I also made my font different colors.

Unprofessional
 The second card was supposed to  be semi-professional. Once I got my black swan image, I copied it and flip the image horizontally. Then I gave each swan a contour gradient. For the background I made a rectangle and pasted in a mask, which I found on the internet. I kept my font, and font color consistent.

Semi-Professional 
The last card was supposed to professional and look like an actual business card. For the background I made a rectangle and fit it to the canvas then gave it a linear gradient and moved the handles. I positioned the black swan image where I liked, and put in my information with a sophisticated font.

Professional














No comments:

Post a Comment