Wednesday, January 15, 2014

President Typography





For this assignment, I did typography. I had to choose a President that is on American currency and use words that describe him and put them on his face. I chose Alexander Hamilton who is on the 10 dollar bill. I found words and facts about him and copy and pasted the words into firework. Each word has its own layer. 
To make the word fit the shape and structure of his face,
  1. I wrote the word
  2. Clicked on the word
  3. Went to 'text'
  4. Clicked Convert to Paths or 'Ctrl-Shift-P'
  5. Then clicked 'Ctrl-Shift-G'
  6. Then was able to move around each individual letter
  7. Once the word is in the place you like, choose all the letters and click 'Ctrl-G'
  8. Lock the layer the word is in
  9. Move on to next word
  10. Repeat previous steps
It was an interesting assignment that took a lot of time and work. If done correctly the final product can look very cool.



























No comments:

Post a Comment