Monday, March 10, 2014

Magazine Cover with Self Portrait



For this assignment, I had to create a magazine cover. The cover had to have a self portrait of myself that I had to make, five facts about myself, and the title of a popular magazine.
How I made my self portrait:
The Eye-
  • Start with a circle for the iris. Add the color(s) that match your eye. If your eyes are multicolored, use a gradient so the colors blend. I gave my iris a glow filter.
  • Add a smaller, black, circle for the pupil.
  • Next I made a long oval for the whites of my eye. I used the pen tool and white arrows to change the shape.
  • I used the same process as step 3 to make the eyelid, and placed it on top of my eye.
  • To make the eyelashes I used the pen and line tool. (Use a picture of yourself for a reference).
  • Once you're happy with your eye, copy and paste it. Then go to the modify button and click transform-->Flip Horizontal. 
The Nose-

  • First I made a verticle oval shape.
  • Then I moved the points around with the white arrow.
  • Then I gave it an inner bevel and made it smooth, I also gave it a  parchment texture.
  • I added two smaller ovals next to the larger shape, and shaped them to look like the side of my nose.
  • I gave these an inner bevel as well.

The Eyebrows-

  • I made a small, thin rectangle and used the pen tool and white arrow to move the points around to make the shape of my eyebrows.
  •  Then I added a texture to it, and copy and pasted to make the second one.
The Lips-

  • First I made two thin but long ovals.
  • Next I used the pen tool to add points and the white arrow to move the points around to make the shape of my lips.
  • I gave them a texture am dinner bevel.

The  Head-

  • I made a large circle and made sure it was behind all my other features. I added and moved points to make the shape of my face. 
  • Then I added a texture and inner bevel.

The Hair- 

  • I used the pen and line tool to make the hair strands.
  • Then I used the Alt key to copy each strand.
The Neck and Shirt-

  • I made a rectangle and moved the points around to look like a neck. Then gave it a texture and inner bevel.
  • For the shirt, I just made a rounded rectangle and tilted them. I gave the rectangles a bold stroke and made the color complement my eyes.

The Magazine- 

For the magazine cover I just chose the name of my favorite magazine and used a similar font to type with. Then gave five facts about myself. For the background I just made different colored swirls with the swirl tool. I chose complementary colors for the words on the magazine.




























No comments:

Post a Comment