Monday, November 18, 2013

Color Emotions

Admiration/Acceptance


For this assignment I had to make 5 different pictures, showing emotion with color. My first color was green. This was to show admiration and acceptance. I started with the background which is a bar gradient with two different shades of green. Then I used the paintbrush tool and made a bunch of random dots in the corner. Next I used the rounded rectangle tool to make several shapes and made them have thick, green outline. And lastly the lines, I used the pencil tool and made green lines coming from the bottom corner.

Depression

My next color was purple. This is supposed to show depression. I started with the background, giving it a linear background, I chose the purples so they complemented each other. Over the gradient is a sand texture. Then I used the paintbrush tool for the bold streaks at the top right corner, and the splatter dots and the bottom left. Then I used the pencil tool with different shades of purple and drew random scribbles.


Joy/Anticipation
The next color I chose was yellow with orange accents. To represent joy and anticipation. The background is the ripples gradient and made it two shades of yellow. Next I used the paintbrush tool to add the orange lines and yellow splatter around the edges. Then I used the polygon tool to make a star and gave it a cone gradient and thick orange outline. After that I used the paintbrush tool again to make the yellow squiggly lines.


Sadness 
 
I chose blue for this picture, which is supposed to represent sadness. The background is a satin gradient with two shades of blue. I made the light blue, cloud like lines with the paintbrush tool, as well as the splatter lines which represent rain. Then I made the puddles with the circle tool and added more into each puddle.

Rage/Anger
For this picture the color I chose is red and is supposed to represent rage or anger. The background is black and red with the waves gradient. Over the gradient is a vein texture. Then using the paintbrush tool I made random lines to cover the picture. The lines are called splatter and viscous alien paint.














No comments:

Post a Comment